Subsequent to his graduation with a double first-class degree, he has conducted a wide variety of vocal and instrumental ensembles. He particularly enjoys working with ensembles of varying degrees of experience and is a firm believer that classical music should be made as accessible as possible to both performers and the wider audience.
Tim began conducting in his teens and went on to read Music and French at the University of Exeter. He studied violin with Mary Eade, composition with Joe Duddell and specialised in musical direction with Ian Mitchell.
Tim is delighted to have been appointed as Chagford Singers’ Musical Director and is hugely excited for his debut performance with the group. In addition to the Chagford Singers, Tim is Musical Director of the Exeter University Symphony Orchestra, the Dartmouth Orchestra, the Dunsford Singers, orchestra+, the South West’s first LGBT symphony orchestra and the EX4 Chamber Orchestra, which he founded in August 2015. Tim was recently invited to guest conduct the Mid-Somerset Orchestra for the first half of its 2017-18 season.
- Dunsford Choir: 2nd December 2018. Vivaldi’s Gloria and Christmas Selections. Dunsford Village Hall
- Dunsford Choir: 8th December 2018.Vivaldi’s Gloria and Christmas Selections. Teign Valley Community Hall
- Exeter University Symphony Orchestra: 9th December. Smetanta Vltava and From Bohemia’s Woods and Fields from Ma Vlast, Copland Variations on a Shaker Melody, Tchaikowsky Swan Lake Suite. St David’s Church, Exeter.
- Dartmouth Orchestra: 10th December 2018. ‘A Russian Winter’ featuring Rachmaninov’s 2nd Piano Concerto by pianist Krzysztof Moskalewicz and works by Borodin and Liadov. Soloist: Phillip Leslie. 7.30pm at the Flavel Centre Dartmouth
- Dartmouth Orchestra: Sat 9 March (tbc). Krommer Concerto for 2 clarinets Op91, Cimarosa Overture to the Secret Marriage, Beethoven 2nd Symphony. Malborough Church, South Devon
- Dartmouth Orchestra: Sat 13th May. Programme tbc. supporting the Dartmouth Music Festival.
Recent podium highlights include:
Puccini’s Messa di Gloria (Exeter University Symphony Orchestra and Choral Society)
Schubert’s Mass in G (EX4 Orchestra and chorus)
both of the Chopin piano concertos (Exeter University Symphony Orchestra and Mid Somerset Orchestra)
Brahms’ 1st and 2nd Symphonies (Exeter University Symphony Orchestra and Mid Somerset Orchestra)
Beethoven’s iconic 5th Symphony ((Exeter University Symphony Orchestra) In preparation for performance later this year are a joint performance of Rutter’s Requiem with the Dunsford Singers and Dartmouth Orchestra
Beethoven’s 6th Symphony and Bruch’s 1st Violin Concerto with the Dartmouth Orchestra.